ECOJEWEL is the first eco-sustainable jewelry. It is produced in Italy with the highest respect for mankind and the environment, using precious, recycled materials (gold and silver from existing jewelry and manufacturing scraps) and ecogems (synthetic products from Switzerland with the same physical and chemical characteristics as the natural stones). Recycled paper is used for the exhibition layouts, communications materials and packaging.
Above all, it reflects an aesthetic awareness of environmental issues.
The following are ECOJEWEL guarantees:
· transparency throughout the entire ECOJEWEL chain of production. Total traceability of the raw materials, from extraction to production
· sustainable production style and responsible production of the raw materials. ECOJEWEL is aware of the need to preserve the Earth’s reserves and only uses 100% recycled gold and silver; it also recuperates unused jewels and production scraps. Raw materials that conserve their original metallurgic qualities, that consent the traceability and transparency of their provenance, that respect the environment
· support of Italian artisan expertise. In the refining of gold and silver and in the working of precious objects
· creation of personalized, limited edition jewelry
· creative talents. ECOJEWEL collaborates with artists, creative people and artisans to develop its collections
· digital communications via Internet. Recycled paper and cardboard are used for calling cards, display stands and jewelry boxes.
All ECOJEWEL activities are Zero Impact and have Lifegate certification. We compensate our energy consumption with reforestation programs in Italy (Parco del Ticino) and Costa Rica.
Impatto Zero® measures the environmental impact of activities, companies, products and people by calculating carbon dioxide and greenhouse gas emissions. It helps reduce and compensate CO2 emissions by creating and safeguarding new forests in Italy and throughout the world. Universities and Partners specialized in Life Cycle Assessment collaborate in calculating the environmental impact. Impatto Zero® works with Parks and Reserves to reforest and safeguard territories. Bios, an agency that has been recognized by the European Union, certifies the entire Impatto Zero® chain of activities.